To print the PDF plans to scale please ensure that you have turned off "shrink to fit" (or similar) in your PDF viewer. While strenuous efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of these plans, if you're show depends on something fitting to the nearest nanometre, you are advised to visit the theatre with a tape-measure!
Not yet re-converted following recent updates:
The plan has been maintained by Eddy Langley in electronic form since 2001. For historic interest plans of the theatre pre-redevelopment (2001), mid-redevelopment (2005) and prior to the bridge installation (2018) are available.
Updated for 2018 re-development:
- Survey and draw auditorium ceiling, lighting bridges and new FOH lighting bars (inc rebuilt ladders)
- Added front elevation to show how bridge lx bars interact with new auditorium ceiling. Dance floor plan no longer separate.
- Survey and draw new (larger) DSM desk
- Re-draw the pit and pit-boards
Corrected notes on rotated plans to match main plan (Auditorium rake is 1 in 5.5, 1 in 3.3). Added lx plan with control and dimming notes.
Appended plan of ADC dance floor to PDFs; all other drawings are unchanged.
Plan, rotated plan and section all generated from the CAD model. All now in one PDF file. Numerous updates:
- Re-survey and re-drawn all countweight and hemp pulleys (inc renumbering), dips, ring beam, many other checks and re-surveys
- Add Juliette bars, Perch booms, radiators, tormentor arcs
- Survey new trap sections
- Add useful dimensions of platform list, sightline from back row, various heights
- Added bounding box, fine-tuned margin so the A3 prints within margins of ADC printer. Re-title "STAGE AND WINGS PLAN", add wide-form notes. Font to Gill Sans.
Finally got the plan generated from the CAD model. One or two gremlins but now much easier to maintain. Some re-surveying may be needed over Easter.
April 2011 update
Renumber hemps. Cropped top rows of pixels from image to make PDFing at correct scale less of a fight!
January 2010 update
- Make wing-space plan - this is the normal plan rotated by 90 degrees to show the PS wing rather than the auditorium. This plan generated from WYSIWYG model. Includes re-surveyed counterweight positions (inc new C7,C17). Old hemp positions not yet re-surveyed.
January 2009 update
- Survey and draw new get-in door
- Re-survey and re-draw A1, A14 centres for new auditorium rake
- Update notes, dimensions, audience capacity increases to 228
- Survey and draw new PS wing and new access to hemps gallery
- Re-survey and re-draw rear of auditorium bar
- Re-survey and re-draw stage dips
- Remove SM trap, old PS wing etc
- Survey and draw outside auditorium doors, remove old fire-escape
- Add C5, C12
- Change fax number
- Re-draw fire-escape and add new audience entrance
- Add new pulley for winch B replaces hemp B
- Update fax number
- Remove on-stage air ducts
- Add new SR dip
- Digitize at 400dpi, cleanup
- Re-draw legend, notes, plan history and scale
- Add C9, C15, US booms and SM trap
- Re-survey and re-draw forestage
- Add US booms, SM trap
Re-surveyed and re-drawn by GJ Irvine, FW Heine and TA Hilton
©Eddy Langley - Page last updated 7 April 2019 by webmaster (at) lampie (dot) org